Monday 5 January 2009

Inspiration

Well, I thought it was about time I made use of this blog. New Year has hit me pretty hard and I feel that it is time for me to make some drastic changes, mainly to my work ethic. First and foremost of this is updating my blog with all my thoughts and inspiration.

My story, Time of Death, has mainly been inspired by ideals portrayed in films such as the Butterfly Effect and Final Destination.

Within The Butterfly Effect, it is shown how changes in the course of fate can have huge adverse effects on the future, having a ripple effect growing and growing in size. This idea of Cause and Effect is what I wish to harness, to show that no one action goes unoticed, that how the littlest of actions that go against the natural flow have an effect somewhere along a timeline.

Final destination as a film portrays a certain feeling of impending doom, a fate that can not be escaped. I liked the idea that by cheating death, it followed the chracters around, slowly picking them off in the order that they should have died. This inevitable end for the characters inspired my story in the way that some things cannot be avoided, and if they are somehow that it is never unpunished.

No comments: